Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- AVG Business Cloud Console
- AVG Business On-Premise Console
You can configure exclusions that will propagate across all of the various Shields and components of AVG Business Antivirus in the Antivirus Settings tab of your policies.
Exclusions are limited to approximately 8000 characters across all exclusions both standard (All Scans and Shields) and component-specific (File shield, Web shield, etc). For this reason, we recommend you minimize exclusions where possible to prevent any security flaws and/or impact on system performance.
Any changes made to exclusions within policies will propagate across your network every 5-10 minutes. Console policies override local settings.
- Click the policy you would like to add exclusions to on the Policies page
- Click the Exclusions tab
- Expand the Antivirus exclusions section
- Under the All Scans and Shields tab, click + Add new exclusion in the desired section:
- File paths: enter a file path you would like to exclude, then click Add new exclusion
- Hardened mode: enter an executable file you would like to exclude, then click Add new exclusion
- URL addresses: enter a URL you would like to exclude, then click Add new exclusion
- Click Save when you are finished
- Navigate to the Antivirus Settings tab for the desired OS
- In the Exclusions section, do one of the following:
- Click File paths, enter a file path you would like to exclude, then click Add
- Click URL addresses, enter a URL you would like to exclude, then click Add
- Click Apply changes when you are finished
If you have multiple OS types using the same policy, be sure to add the exclusions to this section under the Windows Workstation and/or Windows Server tabs.
Other Articles In This Section: